Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas Lord

Disclaimer: I am a born again Christian. I did not grow up in the church or in a Christian household. I actually submitted to the authority of Christ as my Lord and Savior, as a 21 year old Sergeant in the U.S. Air Force, stationed overseas in 1991. I had enough of living in selfishness, emptiness, and simply ran out of options. So, my turning to Christ was more out of survival than of looking for some self-congragulatory "Religious" experience. Like all relationships, it has been one of ups and downs. And those vacillations have been totally my fault, as Christ's purpose and goals for my life have never changed. I was just too immature to appreciate where He wanted to take me.

With that said, I take the opportunity today to wish Him a Happy Birthday, and to thank Him for all he has done for me, and all he has done for all of mankind. One day, He will make all that is wrong, right... In the meantime, I await His arrival, and long to be totally submitted to His plan and purpose.

Happy Birthday Lord and Have Blessed Day

No comments: